- 2 mining dredge operations on the Pampana
- 2 mining dredge operations in Bo
- 1 mining and exploration operation in Zimmi
- We also have small artisanal J.V. agreements with local land owners
We have expanded our agricultural operations to 1800 acres. Current crops are rice, sorghum, cassava, peanuts and maze. We are making final decisions on the crops we will plant this year and the percentage of each crop to be planted. We are currently working on non dilution financing to increase our agricultural operations.
Carbon Credit Project:
On February 1, 2011 the Company entered into a Carbon Development Agreement with Bio-Carbon Solutions International Inc (OTC Pinksheets: BICS) for the purpose of securing technical services for: 1) the completion of a Project Design Document for the registration of carbon offsets from forestry activities (conservation and afforestation) from 42,000 acres of lands in Sierra Leone, and 2) for fundraising for the realization of the carbon project. Pursuant to the Carbon Development Agreement the Company shall pay a contingency payment of 10% of the net profits from the sales of the carbon offsets upon their realization.
2009 – 2010 projects:
- Gboya district; river operations.
- Bo District; 1 river operation on Sewa and 1 land operation.
- Zimmi District: 2 dredge operations on the Mano River with one more planned as season progresses. 1 dredge operation on the Mowa River with 2 more planned as season progresses. 3 land operations 1 in Zimmi North and 2 in Zimmi south.
- Testing between the Mano and Mowa River on the upper Atlantic Ocean terrace.
- Joint ventures in Kono, Tonkolli, Kabala, Kamaklia and Mali are on going and under review.
Carbon Credit projects:
- SL1: 42,500 acre project in the Tonkolli district has been accepted by CDM Bazaar and is in the process of forward selling the project
- SL2: 70,000 acre project in the Tonkolli district P.I.N. document and other procedures are under way. SL2 project is expected to be completed and DOE ready by September of 2010. At this time the process of forward selling the carbon credits will begin.
We are presently harvesting current crops and look to expand operations over the next year. Current crops on properties are rice, sorghum, cassava and peanuts.